Slide 1 of 29
Family Circle (April 26, 1946)
Marilyn’s first U.S. magazine cover shows her playing with a little lambie while dressed like Judy Garland’s Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz. Outfits like this one weren’t what would bring Marilyn to the attention of Hollywood producers, but she still managed to sign her first contract with Twentieth Century-Fox just four months later.
January 27 2015 — 2:11 PM EST
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!