Slide 1 of 10
10. Thor: The Dark World
The Batman & Robin of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Dark World is an incoherently plotted misadventure, overcrowded with comedy sidekicks (Darcy the intern gets a romantic subplot) and blind leaps of narrative logic (astrophysicist Jane Foster accidentally discovers an all-powerful mystical substance), all of it cursed with undercooked villains whose motivation is, basically, ”Destroy Everything Because Evil.” The reality-ripping final battle scene is nifty, but really, Dark World only works when Tom Hiddleston’s Loki is on screen. Ideally, Thor 3 should have much more him and much less everything else.
Image Credit: Marvel
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!