Slide 1 of 11
11. 'Thor: The Dark World'
The Batman & Robin of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Dark World is an incoherently plotted misadventure, overcrowded with comedy sidekicks (Darcy the intern gets a romantic subplot) and blind leaps of narrative logic (astrophysicist Jane Foster accidentally discovers an all-powerful mystical substance), all of it cursed with undercooked villains whose motivation is, basically, ”Destroy Everything Because Evil.” The reality-ripping final battle scene is nifty, but really, Dark World only works when Tom Hiddleston’s Loki is on screen. Ideally, Thor 3 should have much more him and much less everything else.
Image Credit: Marvel
August 2 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Taylor Schilling, Jessica Alba, Beyoncé & More!