Slide 1 of 11
11. 'Thor: The Dark World'
The Batman & Robin of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Dark World is an incoherently plotted misadventure, overcrowded with comedy sidekicks (Darcy the intern gets a romantic subplot) and blind leaps of narrative logic (astrophysicist Jane Foster accidentally discovers an all-powerful mystical substance), all of it cursed with undercooked villains whose motivation is, basically, ”Destroy Everything Because Evil.” The reality-ripping final battle scene is nifty, but really, Dark World only works when Tom Hiddleston’s Loki is on screen. Ideally, Thor 3 should have much more him and much less everything else.
Image Credit: Marvel
August 2 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!