Slide 1 of 7
Author P.L. Travers (right), who created the character of a magical nanny in a series of Mary Poppins books, may have been all smiles with Julie Andrews and Walt Disney at the 1964 premiere of Mary Poppins. But in reality she never warmed to the film. ”She didn’t want to be remembered for the movie,” says Valerie Lawson, author of the Travers biography Mary Poppins, She Wrote.
Image Credit: Disney
November 7 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!