Slide 1 of 10
JULIE BOWEN: Claire’s trench coat gets caught in the escalator
”My Funky Valentine” (season 1, episode 15)
”That scene was one of the first times I truly felt like I belonged on the set. Please understand, this isn’t false humility. I work with insanely talented people who amaze me with their comedic insights and timing every day. My career has been made up of ”crying girlfriend” or ”finger-wagging girlfriend” or just ”girlfriend.” In that scene, I got to be physically stupid and awkward, and — god, I’m afraid to even suggest it — funny? It felt so good to be doing something so silly not just with the lines but with my whole body. It was just a perfectly dumb, perfectly realized comedy moment for me.”
Image Credit: Adam Larkey/ABC
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!