Slide 1 of 20
20. Out of Africa (1985)
Set in Kenya, with stylish safari looks to match, the Meryl Streep/Robert Redford starrer reportedly influenced runway collections from Ralph Lauren, Donna Karan, and Michael Kors following the film’s release. ”The costumes in Out of Africa had quite an impact on fashion. It was as though the fashion world was ready for the styles of the film,” costume designer Milena Canonero said in a 1986 interview with the L.A. Times.
Image Credit: Everett Collection
June 28 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!