Slide 1 of 20
20. Out of Africa (1985)
Set in Kenya, with stylish safari looks to match, the Meryl Streep/Robert Redford starrer reportedly influenced runway collections from Ralph Lauren, Donna Karan, and Michael Kors following the film’s release. ”The costumes in Out of Africa had quite an impact on fashion. It was as though the fashion world was ready for the styles of the film,” costume designer Milena Canonero said in a 1986 interview with the L.A. Times.
Image Credit: Everett Collection
June 28 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!