Slide 1 of 20
20. Out of Africa (1985)
Set in Kenya, with stylish safari looks to match, the Meryl Streep/Robert Redford starrer reportedly influenced runway collections from Ralph Lauren, Donna Karan, and Michael Kors following the film’s release. ”The costumes in Out of Africa had quite an impact on fashion. It was as though the fashion world was ready for the styles of the film,” costume designer Milena Canonero said in a 1986 interview with the L.A. Times.
Image Credit: Everett Collection
June 28 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!