Slide 1 of 25
100. Sweet Smell of Success (1957)
Directed by Alexander Mackendrick
In this blistering story of sucking-up and self-loathing in show business, Tony Curtis plays an oily press agent and Burt Lancaster is a gossip columnist modeled on the infamous Walter Winchell. The script, appropriately enough, is as black as poison ink.
Image Credit: Everett Collection
July 14 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!