Slide 1 of 14
WORST: What the Franco?
While it was momentarily novel that James Franco — arguably the worst awards-show host in the history of awards shows — might give Rebel Wilson a tutorial on the ways of the emcee, what was with all the fat jokes? Wilson’s entire opening package (from the Franco video to the Pitch Perfect reunion) was fairly cheap humor. While Wilson gets legitimate points that her opener wasn’t as all-over-the-place, overlong, and ass-covering as Seth MacFarlane's Oscars monologue, we also were expecting more (a lot more) from her than we were from MacFarlane. Fair? Maybe not. Disappointing. Alas, yes.
Image Credit: MTV
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!