Slide 1 of 14
WORST: What the Franco?
While it was momentarily novel that James Franco — arguably the worst awards-show host in the history of awards shows — might give Rebel Wilson a tutorial on the ways of the emcee, what was with all the fat jokes? Wilson’s entire opening package (from the Franco video to the Pitch Perfect reunion) was fairly cheap humor. While Wilson gets legitimate points that her opener wasn’t as all-over-the-place, overlong, and ass-covering as Seth MacFarlane's Oscars monologue, we also were expecting more (a lot more) from her than we were from MacFarlane. Fair? Maybe not. Disappointing. Alas, yes.
Image Credit: MTV
April 15 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!