Slide 1 of 9
Andrew Dice Clay was awesome! No wait… that’s Gaga? As her alter ego Joe Calderone, she looks good in male drag, wearing a white t-shirt and a black blazer, cracking dirty jokes about how Gaga wears her stripper heels in the shower. People have joked forever that the weirdest thing Gaga could possibly do is come to the VMAs wearing normal clothes. And that’s exactly what she’s done — except that those clothes are normally worn by a dude. Her Fonzie getup for ”You and I” was pretty rock ‘n’ roll, as was her beer-spraying, piano-banging, nearly-falling-off-the-stage performance, and her synchronized dance with what looked like the guys from Grease. And was that the amazing Brian May from Queen playing guitar? What could be better? Only the fact that, judging by their expressions, Britney Spears, Bruno Mars, and Justin Bieber were totally traumatized. B+
Image Credit: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com
September 1 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!