Slide 1 of 7
Sam and Friends (1955-61)
In his first televised appearances on this five-minute sketch-comedy puppet show broadcast locally in Washington, D.C. (clips of which can be found on YouTube), Kermit looked more like a lizard than an amphibian and was just a supporting player.
Kermit: ”I wasn’t the star of the show and wasn’t even billed as a frog. But it was great preparation for my career. Most important, that’s when I met Jim Henson. I’m not exactly sure what Jim did, but whatever it was really moved me. He had a remarkable spirit that made you believe anything was possible. No matter what happens, he’ll always be the biggest part of what I do and who I am.”
Image Credit: Del Ankers
March 22 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Michael & Kate, Michelle Rodriguez, Joss Stone and More!