Slide 1 of 15
Season 4, episodes 7 & 8
Aired: Oct. 18, 2007
The main plot — where it’s discovered that Michael Scott (Steve Carell) is working a second job and must also declare bankruptcy — is fairly forgettable. But the B storyline, in which Pam (Jenna Fischer) and Jim (John Krasinski) take their first overnight trip to — where else? — the beet farm owned by Dwight (Rainn Wilson), is a sweet relationship changer. After hearing Dwight cry in the middle of the night because of his recent break-up with Angela (Angela Kinsey), Jim comforts Dwight at work the next day, explaining that he wouldn’t wish the pain he felt when he wasn’t with Pam on his worst enemy. Dwight and Jim will never be best friends, but this is the point in the show where they begin to form a grudging respect?and a weird understanding.
Best Line: ”I’m very passionate about Italian food?. In fact, I’m in love with Italian food.” —Jim Halpert
Image Credit: Justin Lubin/NBC
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Gisele Bündchen, Patrick Dempsey, Rosamund Pike & More!