Slide 1 of 10
10. Forrest Gump (1994)
You won’t catch me quoting Mama in Forrest Gump and saying ”stupid is as stupid does.” But jeepers, Bubba! While the Oscar went to a gumbo of a feel-good movie about a simple Alabama fella who runs real fast and shows up for all the key events in the late 20th century without paying attention, Academy voters missed the headline: Oscar-worthy Pulp Fiction had reinvented the language of American moviemaking, becoming an instant classic. It deserved the prize royale. —Lisa Schwarzbaum
Image Credit: Everett Collection
February 21 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!