Slide 1 of 10
10. Forrest Gump (1994)
You won’t catch me quoting Mama in Forrest Gump and saying ”stupid is as stupid does.” But jeepers, Bubba! While the Oscar went to a gumbo of a feel-good movie about a simple Alabama fella who runs real fast and shows up for all the key events in the late 20th century without paying attention, Academy voters missed the headline: Oscar-worthy Pulp Fiction had reinvented the language of American moviemaking, becoming an instant classic. It deserved the prize royale. —Lisa Schwarzbaum
Image Credit: Everett Collection
January 27 2015 — 2:11 PM EST
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!