Slide 1 of 22
Cate Blanchett at the Beverly Hills hotel on March 3, 2014
The newly anointed Best Actress opened her room to photographer Art Streiber as he sought to re-create Faye Dunaway?s iconic photo beside the hotel?s pool the morning after she won her Oscar for Network in 1977. ”I’ve been chasing that photo for eight years,” Streiber says. ”We scouted the pool but ended up in Cate’s suite, which in a lot of ways is even better and more intimate. That’s her bed, that’s her Oscar, and those are her flowers and her glasses and the newspapers that were in the room and the Armani dress she wore the night before. She was so game and willing.”
Image Credit: ART STREIBER for EW
March 4 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!