Slide 1 of 33
Christian Bale: Equilibrium (2002)
There’s nothing to savor in this shameless Matrix clone with a pasty-faced Bale standing in for Neo. If this is the future, then the future needs a better director, or at least a tanning booth. The highlight is the film’s ”Gun Kata” sequences, where dudes do ninjalike battle with machine guns — not by firing them, mind you, but by hitting each other with them (which kind of defeats the whole point of having a gun in the first place). Explaining his choice to star in both the postapocalyptic dragon-slaying epic Reign of Fire (2002) and this flop, the soon-to-be Oscar winner told EW in 2007, ”Um, they were experiments for me. And I hope I make more experiments in the future, but more successful experiments.” —Chris Nashawaty
Image Credit: Everett Collection
February 26 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!