Slide 1 of 25
25. The Deer Hunter (1978)
Easily the best film made about the psychological cost of America’s involvement in Vietnam, Michael Cimino’s The Deer Hunter also features some of the finest performances of the decade, including stunners by Robert De Niro, Meryl Streep, John Cazale, and John Savage. Best of all, though, is Christopher Walken, as a man so shattered by combat that he becomes a zombie-eyed Russian Roulette casualty. A gut-punch of a film. —Chris Nashawaty
Image Credit: Everett Collection
February 22 2015 — 2:56 PM EST
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!