Slide 1 of 6
A Yankee Guide
Penny Dreadful, Showtime’s new horror drama about an African explorer (Timothy Dalton, middle) who teams up with a clairvoyant (Eva Green) and a Wild West entertainer (Josh Hartnett, right) to find his missing daughter, gave creator John Logan (co-writer of Skyfall, left) a way to revisit classic literary creations we’ve all known and loved (and had nightmares about). ”Sir Malcolm, Vanessa, and Ethan are the fictional spine which come into familiar characters like Dr. Frankenstein, the Creature, Dorian Gray, and vampires,” Logan says. Hartnett plays an American outsider by design. ”He’s the eyes into this world,” says Logan. ”I wanted the audience to be led into a world that was so bizarre and unfamiliar that they would feel completely unsettled — not only because it’s a different country but [also because] it’s a different time that deals with the supernatural.”
Image Credit: Jonathan Hession/Showtime
May 10 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels