Slide 1 of 17
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013)
Plutarch Heavensbee is his name, and making games is his…er…game. Hoffman does a graceful dance with Jennifer Lawrence’s Katniss Everdeen at the start of this movie, right before he plunging her into a far more brutal one. As the overseer of the fight-to-the-death challenge she is forced to endure again, he is responsible for restoring confidence in the Hunger Games after the bungling of his late predecessor. But he has other motives as well. Hoffman was set to return to the role in two follow-ups based on Suzanne Collins’ trilogy-closing Mockingjay. Even though the actor had a handful of more scenes to shoot, the sources close to the movie say they have already filmed enough with him to ensure that one of his final performances can remain intact. —Anthony Breznican
Image Credit: Murray Close
February 2 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!