Slide 1 of 12
12. The Incredibles — Edna Mode’s ”No capes” speech
Brad Bird’s The Incredibles marked a turning point for Pixar. It was the studio’s first feature with an all-human cast, its first PG rating, and — at 115 minutes — easily its longest picture to date. The film also represented the studio’s first stab at darker, edgier comedy, and no scene shows this off better than Edna Mode’s tirade against superhero capes. Did that heroine just get sucked into a jet turbine? In a Pixar movie? As Edna would put it, this scene was bold. And hilarious.
November 6 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!