Slide 1 of 25
THE GREAT GATSBY (1974)
Look at the talent involved: Robert Redford and Mia Farrow as the leads, a script by Francis Ford Coppola, and clothes by Ralph Lauren. So why was this ?adaptation of the flapper-era classic, which premiered March 29, 1974, a bust? Lifeless performances, a staggering lack of chemistry, and a tin ear for F. Scott Fitzgerald’s take on the idle rich. Gatsby is like a very expensive (and very, very shallow) game of dress-up. Zzzzz. —Chris Nashawaty
Image Credit: Everett Collection
October 26 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!