Slide 1 of 25
THE GREAT GATSBY (1974)
Look at the talent involved: Robert Redford and Mia Farrow as the leads, a script by Francis Ford Coppola, and clothes by Ralph Lauren. So why was this ?adaptation of the flapper-era classic, which premiered March 29, 1974, a bust? Lifeless performances, a staggering lack of chemistry, and a tin ear for F. Scott Fitzgerald’s take on the idle rich. Gatsby is like a very expensive (and very, very shallow) game of dress-up. Zzzzz. —Chris Nashawaty
Image Credit: Everett Collection
October 26 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!