Slide 1 of 6
It’s been 20 years since 23-year-old River Phoenix died of a drug overdose outside a West Hollywood club on Halloween morning. He left behind a collection of indelible on-screen performances — including one that remained unfinished and unseen for two decades. Dark Blood sat on a shelf until director George Sluizer, now 81, recovered it and pieced together a version that debuted at the Netherlands Film Festival in 2012. It has its L.A. premiere on Tuesday, Oct. 29, in Santa Monica. Sluizer recently spoke to EW about Phoenix’s last movie.
Image Credit: Cinemavault
October 25 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere