Slide 1 of 6
It’s been 20 years since 23-year-old River Phoenix died of a drug overdose outside a West Hollywood club on Halloween morning. He left behind a collection of indelible on-screen performances — including one that remained unfinished and unseen for two decades. Dark Blood sat on a shelf until director George Sluizer, now 81, recovered it and pieced together a version that debuted at the Netherlands Film Festival in 2012. It has its L.A. premiere on Tuesday, Oct. 29, in Santa Monica. Sluizer recently spoke to EW about Phoenix’s last movie.
Image Credit: Cinemavault
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!