Slide 1 of 24
Keith Richards on the Rolling Stones’ 1972 North American tour, photographed by Ethan Russell
Ethan Russell: ”I tended not to tell people what to do, ever. This is one of my few, what I call ‘made’ pictures. We were on our way to Vancouver and somebody screwed up. Couldn’t fly into Vancouver. Landed on the American side and went through customs and I saw the sign. I called Keith over. So he came over and he did this pose. And then I called Mick over, because I wanted to do Jagger-Richards. And the customs man said, ”Stop right away or I’ll take the film.” I knew [it was a classic shot]. That’s why I stopped!”
Image Credit: Ethan Russell
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!