Slide 1 of 24
Keith Richards on the Rolling Stones’ 1972 North American tour, photographed by Ethan Russell
Ethan Russell: ”I tended not to tell people what to do, ever. This is one of my few, what I call ‘made’ pictures. We were on our way to Vancouver and somebody screwed up. Couldn’t fly into Vancouver. Landed on the American side and went through customs and I saw the sign. I called Keith over. So he came over and he did this pose. And then I called Mick over, because I wanted to do Jagger-Richards. And the customs man said, ”Stop right away or I’ll take the film.” I knew [it was a classic shot]. That’s why I stopped!”
Image Credit: Ethan Russell
May 20 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!