Slide 1 of 13
MOVIES: Outstanding Ensemble
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
Silver Linings Playbook
Anthony Breznican predicted:
Should Win: Daniel Day-Lewis’ work is so uncanny it threatens to overshadow the great work of his many co-stars, but Lincoln is no one-man-show.
Will Win: On the other hand, Silver Linings Playbook is the film where most of its stars are on equal footing, making it the truest ensemble of the bunch. It’s a showcase for the group, rather than one single stand-out performer.
Worth Noting: Many consider this SAG’s version of the Best Picture award, and voters may think of it the same way, voting for the movie they liked the most, rather than the cast they liked the most. If Argo wins, it will be a sure sign that the thriller is on a path to Best Picture at the Academy Awards, despite (or perhaps TO spite) the snubbing of director Ben Affleck.
Editor’s note: An earlier version of this text mistakenly listed Silver Linings Playbook as the ”Should Win” selection.
Image Credit: JOJO WHILDEN
January 27 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!