Slide 1 of 17
AMERICAN HORROR STORY (2011-present)
Shall we start with the latex suit or the brains buffet? Just like Rubber Man, the cinema-worthy FX series takes no prisoners. Its first season alone featured an ax to the gut, oral sex gone terribly wrong, a Columbine-style school shooting, a Frankenbaby stitched together from the remains of a dismembered infant, and…well… do we really need to go on? Okay, we will! Asylum had a Nazi doctor experimenting on mental patients, another doctor who made lampshades out of human flesh, and a campalicious performance of ”The Name Game.” Coven showcased vagina dentata, near-fatal minotaur sex, a creepily doll-obsessed butler who necromantically ”played with” one of Miss Robichaux’s dead witches, an eyeball highball, and a sax-playing ax-wielding serial killer (what’s what all the axes)? So far, Freak Show has introduced us to what might be the scariest clown ever. That Ryan Murphy sure has a flair for the frightening.
Image Credit: Michael Becker/FX
October 29 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!