Slide 1 of 17
AMERICAN HORROR STORY (2011-present)
Shall we start with the latex suit or the brains buffet? Just like Rubber Man, the cinema-worthy FX series takes no prisoners. Its first season alone featured an ax to the gut, oral sex gone terribly wrong, a Columbine-style school shooting, a Frankenbaby stitched together from the remains of a dismembered infant, and…well… do we really need to go on? Okay, we will! Asylum had a Nazi doctor experimenting on mental patients, another doctor who made lampshades out of human flesh, and a campalicious performance of ”The Name Game.” Coven showcased vagina dentata, near-fatal minotaur sex, a creepily doll-obsessed butler who necromantically ”played with” one of Miss Robichaux’s dead witches, an eyeball highball, and a sax-playing ax-wielding serial killer (what’s what all the axes)? So far, Freak Show has introduced us to what might be the scariest clown ever. That Ryan Murphy sure has a flair for the frightening.
Image Credit: Michael Becker/FX
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!