Slide 1 of 15
THE TWILIGHT ZONE (1959-64)
To mimic Rod Serling’s introductory monologue to his groundbreaking anthology program: It lies in the pit of man’s fears (and hopefully somewhere in your DVD collection). This is a television show with imagination. It is a series that we call The Twilight Zone. The coordinates are a little sketchy: It’s in an alternative universe, a fifth dimension, somewhere between heaven, sky, and earth, a middle ground, off a highway exit, on the outskirts of a small town, around the block, or at the next stop … But the episodes are as familiar as the back of your hand: ”To Serve Man,” ”The Eye of the Beholder,” and that terrifying tale of air travel gone awry, ”Nightmare at 20,000 Feet.”
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!