Slide 1 of 15
BEST: 10. Garth Brooks
Double duty date: Nov. 13, 1999
Sure, the country megastar meant for his alt-rock alter ego Chris Gaines to be taken seriously. But if you ignore that minor detail and focus instead on Brooks’s easygoing charm, his surprising chemistry with Chris Kattan’s Mango, and how goofy he looked in that inky black wig and soul patch, we can consider Brooks’s double bill a solid SNL ep that included bonus musical sketches whenever ”Gaines” took the stage.
Image Credit: Mary Ellen Matthews/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!