Slide 1 of 15
BEST: 10. Garth Brooks
Double duty date: Nov. 13, 1999
Sure, the country megastar meant for his alt-rock alter ego Chris Gaines to be taken seriously. But if you ignore that minor detail and focus instead on Brooks’s easygoing charm, his surprising chemistry with Chris Kattan’s Mango, and how goofy he looked in that inky black wig and soul patch, we can consider Brooks’s double bill a solid SNL ep that included bonus musical sketches whenever ”Gaines” took the stage.
Image Credit: Mary Ellen Matthews/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Tracee Ellis Ross, Hilary Duff, Scott Eastwood & More!