Slide 1 of 15
O. J. Simpson (Feb. 25, 1978)
Why him?: His Hall of Fame football career was winding down — Buffalo dealt him to San Francisco one month later — but Simpson was already a famous face to TV and movie audiences, appearing in The Towering Inferno, Roots, and running through airports for Hertz commercials. Simpson got a few laughs on SNL, but not as many as the show would get at his expense two decades later.
Most Memorable: ”Celebrity Battle of the Sexes and Races,” which pitted Simpson and heavyweight champ Leon Spinks against Sandy Duncan and Marie Osmond. —Jeff Labrecque
Image Credit: Getty Images
May 6 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- George & Amal, Prince Harry, Ansel Elgort & More!