Slide 1 of 15
O. J. Simpson (Feb. 25, 1978)
Why him?: His Hall of Fame football career was winding down — Buffalo dealt him to San Francisco one month later — but Simpson was already a famous face to TV and movie audiences, appearing in The Towering Inferno, Roots, and running through airports for Hertz commercials. Simpson got a few laughs on SNL, but not as many as the show would get at his expense two decades later.
Most Memorable: ”Celebrity Battle of the Sexes and Races,” which pitted Simpson and heavyweight champ Leon Spinks against Sandy Duncan and Marie Osmond. —Jeff Labrecque
Image Credit: Getty Images
May 6 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Helen Mirren, Tom Cruise, The Baldwins & More!