Slide 1 of 23
23. George McGovern (Host, 1984)
McGovern’s laugh-free stint — which came a month and a day after he dropped out of the presidential race — was about as embarrassing as Nixon on Laugh-In. In one uncomfortable bit, the three-term Senator asked SNL’s studio audience to help him pay off his enormous campaign debt. The joke hit way too close to home… and only got less funny when McGovern began physically taking bills from the folks in the front row.
Image Credit: Al Levine/Getty Images
April 24 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!