Slide 1 of 6
In director Zack Snyder?s new action fantasy Sucker Punch, due in theaters March 25, Jena Malone, Abbie Cornish, and Vanessa Hudgens (above) are among a group of girls unjustly incarcerated inside a cruel and unusual mental institution. It’s up to Emily Browning’s Babydoll to lead her fellow prisoners in a daring, dangerous escape attempt. Their weaponry: pure imagination… plus a fair amount of sexuality and artillery. Imagine One Flew Over the Cuckoo?s Nest meets Brazil… and then imagine all of Comic-Con whipped in a blender and drizzled on top of it, and you have the hyper-pop noodle-cooker that is Sucker Punch. EW recently asked Zack Snyder — whose previous flicks include the fanboy faves Dawn of the Dead, 300, and Watchmen — to take us behind the scenes and explain his vision.
Image Credit: Clay Enos
March 22 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday