Slide 1 of 32
The First Poster’s Message: ”We know the last one was terrible. This one will be awesome.”
The Second Poster’s Message: ”Blade Runner meets Gargoyles meets a sword.”
The Third Poster’s Message: ”Something something Wolverine something something Samurai.”
The Assessment: When your movie stars one of the world’s most recognizable actors as one of the world’s most beloved superheroes, you’re allowed to take some chances. And the Wolverine campaign has done just that. First came the eye-catching ink painting. Then came the moody, melancholic tower-sitting poster. Even the slightly-more-straightforward Japanese poster feels impressionistic, with the words for ”Death” and ”Life” on either side of Hugh Jackman’s head. Taken all together, these posters a great example of how to rescue a franchise from a substandard film using a few cool images.
July 27 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ed Helms, Jenny McCarthy, Joel Edgerton & More!