Slide 1 of 14
Released: July 28, 2004 (limited); Aug. 20, 2004 (wide)
Budget: $2.5 million
Box office: $35.8 million*
It may not have racked up some of the blowout numbers of films to come in this list, but Zach Braff’s directorial debut struck a chord with twenty- and thirtysomethings struggling to find their way in adulthood. Buoyed by its ''life-changing'' soundtrack, the film beautifully balanced humor, romance, pathos, and this dog.
*Unless otherwise noted, all figures are global total from BoxOfficeMojo.com.
Image Credit: Mary Evans/Everett Collection
July 22 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Taraji P. Henson's Biggest Moments in 2015
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year