Slide 1 of 14
Released: July 28, 2004 (limited); Aug. 20, 2004 (wide)
Budget: $2.5 million
Box office: $35.8 million*
It may not have racked up some of the blowout numbers of films to come in this list, but Zach Braff’s directorial debut struck a chord with twenty- and thirtysomethings struggling to find their way in adulthood. Buoyed by its ''life-changing'' soundtrack, the film beautifully balanced humor, romance, pathos, and this dog.
*Unless otherwise noted, all figures are global total from BoxOfficeMojo.com.
Image Credit: Mary Evans/Everett Collection
January 27 2015 — 2:11 PM EST
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!