Slide 1 of 14
Released: July 28, 2004 (limited); Aug. 20, 2004 (wide)
Budget: $2.5 million
Box office: $35.8 million*
It may not have racked up some of the blowout numbers of films to come in this list, but Zach Braff’s directorial debut struck a chord with twenty- and thirtysomethings struggling to find their way in adulthood. Buoyed by its ''life-changing'' soundtrack, the film beautifully balanced humor, romance, pathos, and this dog.
*Unless otherwise noted, all figures are global total from BoxOfficeMojo.com.
Image Credit: Mary Evans/Everett Collection
January 27 2015 — 2:11 PM EST
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!