Slide 1 of 12
Ashton Kutcher, in an unsweetened, killer-shrewd performance, plays Steve Jobs, the Apple co-founder and black-turtlenecked guru of the technocratic age. The film neatly re-enacts the eager, geek-in-the-garage intensity that is the founding image of the home-computer era, and it’s easy to be riveted by what a starkly honest portrait it is. Yet jOBS lacks the volcanic humanity of The Social Network. Its fall-and-redemption narrative is fascinating, but also a tad generic and abstract. —Owen Gleiberman
Image Credit: Glen Wilson
January 26 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!