Slide 1 of 13
Bruno Mars (2014)
Before "Uptown Funk" appeared in every commercial on air so far this year, Bruno Mars ruled the beginning of 2014 with his impressive halftime show. Entering with a powerful drum solo, Mars crooned and danced through hits like "Locked Out of Heaven" and "Treasure" with more than enough energy to fill MetLife Stadium. The only false note was the Red Hot Chili Peppers appearance—the band brought their signature rock sound, but it didn’t gel so well with Bruno Mars' soul-funk vibe. Unfazed, Mars brought it home with an emotional ending, belting out "Just the Way You Are" as a tribute for service men and women overseas to pay their loved ones back home. It may have been just 15 minutes, Mars delivered an incredible performance full of heart, soul, and tons of (uptown) funk.
Image Credit: Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images
January 30 2015 — 3:10 PM EST
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!