Slide 1 of 13
Bruno Mars (2014)
Before "Uptown Funk" appeared in every commercial on air so far this year, Bruno Mars ruled the beginning of 2014 with his impressive halftime show. Entering with a powerful drum solo, Mars crooned and danced through hits like "Locked Out of Heaven" and "Treasure" with more than enough energy to fill MetLife Stadium. The only false note was the Red Hot Chili Peppers appearance—the band brought their signature rock sound, but it didn’t gel so well with Bruno Mars' soul-funk vibe. Unfazed, Mars brought it home with an emotional ending, belting out "Just the Way You Are" as a tribute for service men and women overseas to pay their loved ones back home. It may have been just 15 minutes, Mars delivered an incredible performance full of heart, soul, and tons of (uptown) funk.
Image Credit: Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images
January 30 2015 — 3:10 PM EST
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!