Slide 1 of 13
Bruno Mars (2014)
Before "Uptown Funk" appeared in every commercial on air so far this year, Bruno Mars ruled the beginning of 2014 with his impressive halftime show. Entering with a powerful drum solo, Mars crooned and danced through hits like "Locked Out of Heaven" and "Treasure" with more than enough energy to fill MetLife Stadium. The only false note was the Red Hot Chili Peppers appearance—the band brought their signature rock sound, but it didn’t gel so well with Bruno Mars' soul-funk vibe. Unfazed, Mars brought it home with an emotional ending, belting out "Just the Way You Are" as a tribute for service men and women overseas to pay their loved ones back home. It may have been just 15 minutes, Mars delivered an incredible performance full of heart, soul, and tons of (uptown) funk.
Image Credit: Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images
February 1 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- George & Amal, Prince Harry, Ansel Elgort & More!