Slide 1 of 13
Jan. 14, 2014
When Entertainment Weekly approached Twentieth Century Fox about getting an exclusive look at the making of Gone Girl, an adaptation of Gillian Flynn’s 2012 smash best-selling novel (which hits theaters Oct. 3), the studio came back with a surprising reply: Director David Fincher was offering to shoot the cover himself. Not being crazy enough to turn down the Oscar-nominated provocateur who directed The Social Network, we said yes. The chilling image of the lethally entwined couple Nick and Amy Dunne caused shockwaves with fans: Was it a spoiler? Did it mean the movie would veer wildly away from the book? Either way, we’re intrigued. —Stephan Lee
Image Credit: DAVID FINCHER for EW
January 21 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!