Slide 1 of 13
Jan. 14, 2014
When Entertainment Weekly approached Twentieth Century Fox about getting an exclusive look at the making of Gone Girl, an adaptation of Gillian Flynn’s 2012 smash best-selling novel (which hits theaters Oct. 3), the studio came back with a surprising reply: Director David Fincher was offering to shoot the cover himself. Not being crazy enough to turn down the Oscar-nominated provocateur who directed The Social Network, we said yes. The chilling image of the lethally entwined couple Nick and Amy Dunne caused shockwaves with fans: Was it a spoiler? Did it mean the movie would veer wildly away from the book? Either way, we’re intrigued. —Stephan Lee
Image Credit: DAVID FINCHER for EW
January 21 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!