Slide 1 of 13
Jan. 14, 2014
When Entertainment Weekly approached Twentieth Century Fox about getting an exclusive look at the making of Gone Girl, an adaptation of Gillian Flynn’s 2012 smash best-selling novel (which hits theaters Oct. 3), the studio came back with a surprising reply: Director David Fincher was offering to shoot the cover himself. Not being crazy enough to turn down the Oscar-nominated provocateur who directed The Social Network, we said yes. The chilling image of the lethally entwined couple Nick and Amy Dunne caused shockwaves with fans: Was it a spoiler? Did it mean the movie would veer wildly away from the book? Either way, we’re intrigued. —Stephan Lee
Image Credit: DAVID FINCHER for EW
January 21 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!