Slide 1 of 20
March 19, Vevo Power Station
It’s a familiar story: A celebrity’s lowest point is inevitably followed by their greatest triumph. Even if Kanye fulfills that career arc, over the last seven years he’s given us a body of work that is anything but cliché. With My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy — which EW named the best record of 2010 — West proved that restless creativity is the best cure for an overblown scandal. There are a lot of reasons to consider this SXSW’s must-see show: He has a history of bringing out surprise guests, and there’s always the chance he’ll say something ka-razy. But the most convincing reason is much simpler: seeing one of today’s most gifted artists at the height of his powers.
Image Credit: Walik Goshorn/Retna Ltd
March 16 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in new EW portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!