Slide 1 of 10
A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (1973)
Pilgrims When Peppermint Patty invites herself and several others over to Charlie Brown’s house for Thanksgiving dinner, he must figure out how to feed his friends and get to his grandmother’s house in time for her dinner. Elsewhere, Snoopy and Woodstock fantasize and feast as usual.
Family secret ”Chuck” doesn’t know how to cook anything except cold cereal ”and maybe toast.”
Memorable line ”You’re holding my hand, Chuck, you sly dog.” —Peppermint Patty
Side dish Jazz musician Vince Guaraldi got the job as Charlie Brown’s composer when documentary producer Lee Mendelson heard a version of his 1965 tune ”Cast Your Fate to the Wind” in a San Francisco cab.
Reason to be thankful Marcie. As ever, the taciturn font of wisdom spekas up just in time to say, ”Thanksgiving is more than eating, Chuck. … Those early Pilgrims were thankful for what had happened to them, and we should be thankful, too. We should just be thankful for being together. I think that’s what they mean by ‘Thanksgiving,’ Charlie Brown.” —Lanford Beard
Image Credit: United Feature Syndicate
November 27 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!