Slide 1 of 10
I’m the first to admit that a few of my favorite red carpet looks are provocative; that is, they will strike a discordant note for many people. I believe in the semiotics of clothes: the clothes we wear send a message about how we’re perceived. Accordingly, it’s important that we each accept responsibility for how we present ourselves to the world. With that in mind, I submit the following (and in no particular order, other than reverse chronology): PENÉLOPE CRUZ (Academy Awards ‘09) Truly great fashion withstands the test of time, as proven by Penélope Cruz looking stunning and radiant in a vintage Balmain gown, a gown that is almost twice her age!
Image Credit: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.
December 4 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers