Slide 1 of 32
Toni Collette is seeing double
In Showtime’s acclaimed dramedy United States of Tara, Collette stars as Tara Gregson, a woman with dissociative identity disorder whose multiple personalities regularly take over her life. It all gets even more complicated in the third season (premiering next spring), when Tara’s personalities — or alters — start communicating with one another. (In this scene, the June Cleaver-channeling Alice chats up hippie-happy Shoshana.) So what does Tara make of this development? ”She thinks it’s weird!” says Collette, adding that her character — who was already on the verge of a breakdown — struggles to keep her other identities from ganging up on her. ”There’s a kind of a deal that she makes with the alters this season,” the Emmy winner teases. But as things progress, ”it’s a deal that might be jeopardized.” —Tanner Stransky
Image Credit: Cliff Lipson/Showtime
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!