Slide 1 of 32
Toni Collette is seeing double
In Showtime’s acclaimed dramedy United States of Tara, Collette stars as Tara Gregson, a woman with dissociative identity disorder whose multiple personalities regularly take over her life. It all gets even more complicated in the third season (premiering next spring), when Tara’s personalities — or alters — start communicating with one another. (In this scene, the June Cleaver-channeling Alice chats up hippie-happy Shoshana.) So what does Tara make of this development? ”She thinks it’s weird!” says Collette, adding that her character — who was already on the verge of a breakdown — struggles to keep her other identities from ganging up on her. ”There’s a kind of a deal that she makes with the alters this season,” the Emmy winner teases. But as things progress, ”it’s a deal that might be jeopardized.” —Tanner Stransky
Image Credit: Cliff Lipson/Showtime
January 12 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!