Slide 1 of 8
Harry Potter Is Powerless Here
He sings, he dances, he leaps John Larroquette in a single bound! Daniel Radcliffe was poised to win the leading actor in a musical Tony — just as previous J. Pierrepont Finches Matthew Broderick and Robert Morse had. So why was the boy wizard snubbed? The 6 out of 10 from frustrated Dancing With the Stars judge — er, New York Times critic — Ben Brantley couldn’t have helped. But the ”Give the Tonys back to Broadway” backlash that ensued after Denzel Washington, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Scarlett Johansson took home trophies in 2010 was the more likely culprit. Still, Radcliffe is no sore loser; expect to see him performing his magical moves along with Larroquette on the June 12 telecast.
Image Credit: Ari Mintz
June 10 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels
- Comic-Con 2016: Get Batty With the Cast of 'The Walking Dead'