Slide 1 of 8
Harry Potter Is Powerless Here
He sings, he dances, he leaps John Larroquette in a single bound! Daniel Radcliffe was poised to win the leading actor in a musical Tony — just as previous J. Pierrepont Finches Matthew Broderick and Robert Morse had. So why was the boy wizard snubbed? The 6 out of 10 from frustrated Dancing With the Stars judge — er, New York Times critic — Ben Brantley couldn’t have helped. But the ”Give the Tonys back to Broadway” backlash that ensued after Denzel Washington, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Scarlett Johansson took home trophies in 2010 was the more likely culprit. Still, Radcliffe is no sore loser; expect to see him performing his magical moves along with Larroquette on the June 12 telecast.
Image Credit: Ari Mintz
June 10 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday