Slide 1 of 8
Harry Potter Is Powerless Here
He sings, he dances, he leaps John Larroquette in a single bound! Daniel Radcliffe was poised to win the leading actor in a musical Tony — just as previous J. Pierrepont Finches Matthew Broderick and Robert Morse had. So why was the boy wizard snubbed? The 6 out of 10 from frustrated Dancing With the Stars judge — er, New York Times critic — Ben Brantley couldn’t have helped. But the ”Give the Tonys back to Broadway” backlash that ensued after Denzel Washington, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Scarlett Johansson took home trophies in 2010 was the more likely culprit. Still, Radcliffe is no sore loser; expect to see him performing his magical moves along with Larroquette on the June 12 telecast.
Image Credit: Ari Mintz
June 10 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!