Slide 1 of 8
Thanks to his success on the show, his Frederick, Md.,restaurant Volt has seen a tremendous increase in business, including a two-year waiting list for its premier Table 21. ”It shed a whole new light on the restaurant, and it opened up the door for us to have clients who are coming in from different areas from the whole D.C.–Baltimore metro area making the trip to Frederick,” the season 6 runner-up tells EW. ”It’s not only impacted our restaurant, but it’s also impacted the economy in town.” Because of his contribution to the area, Voltaggio was awarded the first key to the city in 60 years. He recently traveled to the White House to take part in Michelle Obama’s healthy food campaign, and will be working with Washington, D.C., schools to improve the quality of food and educate students on healthy eating.
Image Credit: Trae Patton/Bravo
June 16 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!