Slide 1 of 8
Thanks to his success on the show, his Frederick, Md.,restaurant Volt has seen a tremendous increase in business, including a two-year waiting list for its premier Table 21. ”It shed a whole new light on the restaurant, and it opened up the door for us to have clients who are coming in from different areas from the whole D.C.–Baltimore metro area making the trip to Frederick,” the season 6 runner-up tells EW. ”It’s not only impacted our restaurant, but it’s also impacted the economy in town.” Because of his contribution to the area, Voltaggio was awarded the first key to the city in 60 years. He recently traveled to the White House to take part in Michelle Obama’s healthy food campaign, and will be working with Washington, D.C., schools to improve the quality of food and educate students on healthy eating.
Image Credit: Trae Patton/Bravo
June 16 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!