Slide 1 of 6
Small-town waitress Sookie Stackhouse—who feels like an outsider because she can hear people’s thoughts—finds herself drawn to Bon Temps’ newest resident, vampire Bill Compton. The fact that she can’t read his mind makes him even more appealing. (Oh, ladies, when will we learn?)
The Big Bad: Rene, Arlene’s seemingly kind Cajun fiancé, who is murdering ”Fangbangers.”
WTF Moment (Good): At Eric’s bar Fangtasia, Bill saves Sookie’s life by staking vampire Longshadow, who projectile-vomits blood all over her.
WTF Moment (Bad): Sookie and Jason’s Gran is killed!
Freeze-Frame Alert: Jason and Amy have trippy sex while high on V in episode 9.
Image Credit: John P. Johnson/HBO
June 20 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!