Slide 1 of 6
Small-town waitress Sookie Stackhouse—who feels like an outsider because she can hear people’s thoughts—finds herself drawn to Bon Temps’ newest resident, vampire Bill Compton. The fact that she can’t read his mind makes him even more appealing. (Oh, ladies, when will we learn?)
The Big Bad: Rene, Arlene’s seemingly kind Cajun fiancé, who is murdering ”Fangbangers.”
WTF Moment (Good): At Eric’s bar Fangtasia, Bill saves Sookie’s life by staking vampire Longshadow, who projectile-vomits blood all over her.
WTF Moment (Bad): Sookie and Jason’s Gran is killed!
Freeze-Frame Alert: Jason and Amy have trippy sex while high on V in episode 9.
Image Credit: John P. Johnson/HBO
June 20 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday