Slide 1 of 25
The song: Warren Zevon, ”Keep Me in Your Heart”
The episode: ”Everyone Dies” (822)
The hook: Dr. Gregory House (Hugh Laurie) spent eight seasons ripping his colleagues apart, both mentally and physically, so it was only fitting that he brought them all together on May 21 by faking his own death. ”You know I’m tied to you like the buttons on your blouse,” sang Zevon, and a montage of the show’s main player bore that out as they each functioned independently, yet inextricably linked to one another. But this wouldn’t be House without a little zing. After Zevon’s heartfelt folk, House met Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard) for a motorcycle ride. Wilson was feeling wistful about his cancer diagnosis. House responded with a characteristically gruff, ”Cancer’s boring,” and the two of them put on their helmets and zoomed away to Louis Prima’s ''Enjoy Yourself (It's Later Than You Think).''
Watch it! The doctors carry on as House rides off into the sunset at 39:38 on the show’s Hulu. Sandra Gonzalez recapped the gang’s final hurrah, which Ken Tucker called ”an unabashedly sappy ending, and yet a satisfying one.”
Image Credit: Ray Mickshaw/Fox
January 27 2015 — 2:11 PM EST
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!