Slide 1 of 25
The song: Warren Zevon, ”Keep Me in Your Heart”
The episode: ”Everyone Dies” (822)
The hook: Dr. Gregory House (Hugh Laurie) spent eight seasons ripping his colleagues apart, both mentally and physically, so it was only fitting that he brought them all together on May 21 by faking his own death. ”You know I’m tied to you like the buttons on your blouse,” sang Zevon, and a montage of the show’s main player bore that out as they each functioned independently, yet inextricably linked to one another. But this wouldn’t be House without a little zing. After Zevon’s heartfelt folk, House met Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard) for a motorcycle ride. Wilson was feeling wistful about his cancer diagnosis. House responded with a characteristically gruff, ”Cancer’s boring,” and the two of them put on their helmets and zoomed away to Louis Prima’s ''Enjoy Yourself (It's Later Than You Think).''
Watch it! The doctors carry on as House rides off into the sunset at 39:38 on the show’s Hulu. Sandra Gonzalez recapped the gang’s final hurrah, which Ken Tucker called ”an unabashedly sappy ending, and yet a satisfying one.”
Image Credit: Ray Mickshaw/Fox
May 30 2012 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!