Slide 1 of 8
Alan Cumming Eli Gold on The Good Wife
Why we love him: On a show that’s all about repressed emotion (c’mon, Alicia, Kalinda, somebody — crack a smile!), Cumming is a tour de force of agitation as the screaming, swearing, wildly gesticulating image consultant. Anytime Eli’s raging about something (Osama bin Laden! Santa Claus!), Cumming’s face is so extraordinarily expressive, his eyebrows should win their own Emmy.
Best moment: Having a meltdown while watching children vomit up cheddar cheese on television. Wisconsin State Dairy Guild rep: ”I’m worried this is going to keep people from purchasing cheese.” Eli, arching those eyebrows: ”Ya think?” —Melissa Maerz
Image Credit: Jeffrey Neira/CBS
December 12 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!