Slide 1 of 8
Alan Cumming Eli Gold on The Good Wife
Why we love him: On a show that’s all about repressed emotion (c’mon, Alicia, Kalinda, somebody — crack a smile!), Cumming is a tour de force of agitation as the screaming, swearing, wildly gesticulating image consultant. Anytime Eli’s raging about something (Osama bin Laden! Santa Claus!), Cumming’s face is so extraordinarily expressive, his eyebrows should win their own Emmy.
Best moment: Having a meltdown while watching children vomit up cheddar cheese on television. Wisconsin State Dairy Guild rep: ”I’m worried this is going to keep people from purchasing cheese.” Eli, arching those eyebrows: ”Ya think?” —Melissa Maerz
Image Credit: Jeffrey Neira/CBS
December 12 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!