Slide 1 of 10
Pilot (season 1, episode 1)
Why this episode? The show’s first big mystery — who killed Veronica’s best friend Lilly Kane? — is set up, and all the major players are introduced. If you watch one episode before heading to the theater, this should be it (but good luck stopping at just one).
Best line: ”Underneath that angry young woman shell, there’s a slightly less angry young woman who’s just dying to bake me something. You’re a marshmallow, Veronica Mars!” —Wallace
Soundtrack standout: Air, ''La Femme d'Argent''
March 11 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!