Slide 1 of 10
Pilot (season 1, episode 1)
Why this episode? The show’s first big mystery — who killed Veronica’s best friend Lilly Kane? — is set up, and all the major players are introduced. If you watch one episode before heading to the theater, this should be it (but good luck stopping at just one).
Best line: ”Underneath that angry young woman shell, there’s a slightly less angry young woman who’s just dying to bake me something. You’re a marshmallow, Veronica Mars!” —Wallace
Soundtrack standout: Air, ''La Femme d'Argent''
March 11 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!