Slide 1 of 16
BEST Madonna’s personal tribute to Michael Jackson
Madge’s long-winded, show-opening speech was a tad self-serving, yes, but all in all, it was heartfelt. Madonna lamented how Michael had never had a real childhood, and she recounted a date she shared with the King of Pop in 1991. ”How do you re-create your childhood when you are under the magnifying glass of the world for your entire life?” she asked. ”There is no question Michael Jackson was one of the greatest talents the world has ever known.” We couldn’t have put it better ourselves. —Tanner Stransky
Image Credit: Gary Hershorn/ Reuters/ Landov
September 14 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!