Slide 1 of 16
BEST Madonna’s personal tribute to Michael Jackson
Madge’s long-winded, show-opening speech was a tad self-serving, yes, but all in all, it was heartfelt. Madonna lamented how Michael had never had a real childhood, and she recounted a date she shared with the King of Pop in 1991. ”How do you re-create your childhood when you are under the magnifying glass of the world for your entire life?” she asked. ”There is no question Michael Jackson was one of the greatest talents the world has ever known.” We couldn’t have put it better ourselves. —Tanner Stransky
Image Credit: Gary Hershorn/ Reuters/ Landov
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller Kate & Kate and More!