Slide 1 of 18
127 HOURS (2010)
The story of adventure junkie Aron Ralston was well publicized long before James Franco brought the tale to the big screen, but familiarity did little to quell the effects of the film’s gory amputation scene. And even if you were one of the steel-stomached moviegoers who didn’t pass out, bury your head in the shoulder of the person next to you, or lose your lunch during the scene, it’s likely that the image of the protagonist cutting away at his own arm with the aid of a dull pocket knife will pop into your head the next time you’re deciding whether or not you want to tour some visually stunning canyons. —Sandra Gonzalez
January 27 2015 — 2:11 PM EST
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!