Slide 1 of 18
127 HOURS (2010)
The story of adventure junkie Aron Ralston was well publicized long before James Franco brought the tale to the big screen, but familiarity did little to quell the effects of the film’s gory amputation scene. And even if you were one of the steel-stomached moviegoers who didn’t pass out, bury your head in the shoulder of the person next to you, or lose your lunch during the scene, it’s likely that the image of the protagonist cutting away at his own arm with the aid of a dull pocket knife will pop into your head the next time you’re deciding whether or not you want to tour some visually stunning canyons. —Sandra Gonzalez
November 10 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!