Slide 1 of 18
127 HOURS (2010)
The story of adventure junkie Aron Ralston was well publicized long before James Franco brought the tale to the big screen, but familiarity did little to quell the effects of the film’s gory amputation scene. And even if you were one of the steel-stomached moviegoers who didn’t pass out, bury your head in the shoulder of the person next to you, or lose your lunch during the scene, it’s likely that the image of the protagonist cutting away at his own arm with the aid of a dull pocket knife will pop into your head the next time you’re deciding whether or not you want to tour some visually stunning canyons. —Sandra Gonzalez
November 10 2010 — 12:00 AM EST
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!