Slide 1 of 25
25. Art Garfunkel
Sidekick to: Paul Simon
Simon & Garfunkel
Granted, Paul Simon wrote the majority of the songs, played lead guitar, and received all the accolades — but his childhood friend Art Garfunkel provided the duo’s soul by groovin’ on the tambourine (and sporting a truly spectacular Jewfro). More importantly, Art forever cemented his status as the ”and” in the band with his soaring vocals on the 1970 classic ”Bridge Over Troubled Water” — forever fulfilling that promise of ”sailing right behind.” —Paul Katz
Image Credit: Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images
January 27 2015 — 4:05 PM EST
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!