Slide 1 of 12
Kevin Spacey as Frank Underwood, 2013
Yes, official comedy diplomat Conan O’Brien and President Obama himself got in a few good jabs. The dinner’s true highlight, though, was a pre-taped video called ”House of Nerds,” starring the Oscar winner in his latest iconic role. Spacey channeled House of Cards’ crooked, murderous congressman while acting opposite a variety of real-life Washington bigwigs, including John McCain and Valerie Jarrett. Sure, the spoof is practically the definition of inside baseball — but if you get the references, it’s pretty great.
Best line: To New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, ”You can’t run for mayor again, Mike. That’ll put Anthony Weiner in a pickle, and then he’ll tweet that pickle.”
January 27 2015 — 2:11 PM EST
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!